Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to School...whoo hoo!

My first blog post! This past week was our first week back to school. This year I have 24 students in my class, and I am in a brand new classroom. I am so excited! My room is so large and I feel like my students and I don't run into each other anymore. I even have empty cabinets, and that has never happened in my 16 years of teaching!
Here is a peek into my classroom:
Here is the front of my new room with my brand new Smart board! I feel so spoiled:)

My reading group area and cute curtains.
Our classroom library. I found these great baskets with chalkboard labels at Home Goods. Our Student of the Week gets to put his/her book pics for the week in the basket.
 My students are loving it!
Our homework board and computer station.
My favorite part of my new room...a place I call  "The Smith Laboratory." Yes I do have a fridge, microwave, two sinks, and an oven this year! (They moved fifth grade into the old kindergarten rooms).Which also means we have...
cubbies!!! Believe it or not, my students are digging the cubbies, and so am I because it takes them no time to find their things and get seated. Who knew Kindergarten rooms could be so perfect for fifth graders?

It has been good for me to get back into a schedule. My hubby like to joke that he does not care for "School Year Wendy" because she is stressed and always grading papers. He celebrates every year when "Summer Wendy" appears. "Summer Wendy" bakes, cleans more frequently, tries new recipes for dinner, etc. (You can see why he likes her so much ;)


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm the first commenter (of many to come)! Oh how lucky those students are- I can still picture my 5th grade class- no smart boards that I can recall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! I subbed last year and the kids had to show me how to work the white board. They didn't even laugh.

    So excited to read your blog. I'll mention you on my blog and that should send a little traffic your way : ) Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete